Tuesday 6 October 2009

Tuesday 6th

I'd like to write a wee piece, but I'm not going to try and wade through all those various sections we were given by Dieca...sorry, I feel it's more important to try and access my learning thoughts and all those different areas to consider just put me off a bit!

French – I’m happy with my progress, and some long lost memories of those 80s classes are slowly filtering back. I reckon Monsieur Boyer buggered up my chances of getting anywhere with the language back in 3rd year…but that was then! I feel I’m OK with the numbers and expressing likes & dislikes was fun.

Spanish – No problem with speaking in class, and I think a lot of the other students come in from school! No wonder they look so young! I’m fine with the imperative Habla (tĂș) Hable (Usted) Hablad (vosotros) y Hablen (Ustedes) but I’m still a bit confused about the impersonal se…do we just use it when talking in general and writing general instructions?? What is the difference between se habla y hablase??

Big Cheer to Bill for showing me how to change keyboard settings so I can get Spanish letters!

History – generally interesting and Evan is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher. His descriptions of the Renaissance & Reformation were most illuminating. I do find it a little frustrating when we just have to sit and listen; memories of Mr Small. I guess that is something I’ll have to get used to in lectures though!

Literature – Madeleine seemed to like my essay on “Valentine”, which is good as it was produced under flu like conditions! And, hooray, we’re going to get an in-class assessment next week!!! I think a lot of people are getting a bit fed up with all the theory stuff, and want the chance to demonstrate their abilities and get some real feedback. Surf or die, baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment