Monday 25 January 2010

Mon 25th

Well, here we are again!


Some general thoughts about last week…I reckon I was a wee bit ill; I definitely was fuzzy headed, needed lots of sleep and felt a bit de-motivated. I went to the gym on Tuesday, and felt good…for about 1 hour and then knackered! So it was not a particularly productive time, and I certainly wasn’t in the mood for blogging.

It’s worth considering that there will be times that I’ll be feeling less than 100%, and therefore reflection & analysis will tend towards the negative. That’s OK as long I can look at them again later and laugh!

Anyway, the positives:

I worked well on my History essay with updated drafts produced on Tues, Thurs & Fri morning before the hand in. I had it at just under 2300 words, which was about the target…but then realised I hadn’t written about criticisms of the 11-plus, so back up to 2455. I could have taken out some unnecessary prose, but it seemed a shame and Evan won’t mind. Would a better essay plan have helped? Or I could keep a version for me, as I did with the Investigating Europe.

Spanish – Yup, I’ve got a general plan and some phrases sorted out.

Literature – Nope, wasn’t in the mood and it was not a priority.

French – Yup, I did a little revision probably not enough but sufficient for the course. Au revoir et merci Cedric!

Communication – I watched the “Age of Genius” programme as relaxation (ie not notes taken!), and damned good it was too…tied in nicely with the reading assignment. We looked at some presentation skills in class, which should be interesting & useful.

This week:

Mon – use tutorial time for quick review of my Spanish h/w, and maybe start the Powerpoint work.

Tues – see what Madelaine unleashes upon us! Go to Library 1pm;
45 mins working through Voila exercise to prepare for Deborah’s class
45 mins on Spanish presentation
45 mins on Philosophy of Language stuff, then meet Sara to go over it
Oh, got to find time to see Hamish at TLI see need to be at Haymarket at 5!!

Wed – 30 mins French revision, then 45 mins Spanish work

Thurs – Go to Library 2pm. Specific plan to depend on Tues/Wed success.
Although could be an idea to do some background for Historical Investigation, and revise a bit for the assessment!

Fri 9am – continue History revision: Read an essay & note key points.

No comments:

Post a Comment