Monday 22 February 2010

Monday 22nd

Well. I’ve dragged myself back in following a mid-term week of coughing, sneezing, spluttering and milling around aimlessly…yup, if it’s February in Edinburgh so it’s FLU time! I missed History (when we watched a video about the Dark Ages), French (I think we did a listening assessment, but I haven’t checked) and Study Skills (when I missed presentations on how good Study Skills is!).


I came back in for the last hour of Spanish, and all of Literature. Jordi mentioned that I don’t have to do some things for Spanish if I don’t want to, but I’m still not sure exactly what my options are!

In Lit we read a passage from a rock biography and did a wee assessment, but the questions were more concerned with the sentence structures than the content; I wasn’t concentrating on that enough and suspect I wrote too much in the wrong direction. Lesson – read intro carefully and mark KEY words in questions before starting to answer. We’re going to read “Heart of Darkness” & “A Streetcar Named Desire” for the class, so I did a bit of background research on them…

The big loser last week was my planned mid-term reading and research; I did nothing! I didn’t have the concentration powers available…I’d pick up a book or folder, but within about 5 mins I had to put it down again. I managed to complete the assessment about “An Inconvenient Truth” for Scott, but it’ll need a proof read.

Anyway, this week:

Today: Try to speak with Jordi to find out exactly what I’ll have to do if I want to take the actual Adv Higher.

Tues – I should speak to Letecia (if she’s in!) and plan out intercambio. Finish Communication assessment. Do some prep for the Philosophy of Lang class. Is Sara back?

Wed – Speak to Deborah about missed class.

Thurs – Ask Scott for planned dates, as I need to start working on presentations etc.

Fri – Speak to Evan about missed class.

Maybe get some cough medicine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment