Wednesday 3 March 2010

3rd March

It seems February was doomed to be a month of confusion and loss and that has dragged over into March. I haven’t been in college since last Wed, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be back until next Monday.


Still let’s start with the positives.

Last week I spoke to Jordi and registered for the Adv Higher exam. The oral is next Monday so I’ve written some notes about “El uso de los moviles”, and I’ll need to do some planning for “Cambios demograficos” & “Efectos del turismo”. I think it’ll be fine as I have no problem in waffling away, although I must make sure I prepare some subjunctive phrases.

I’ve read the 1st section of “Heart of Darkness” and quite enjoyed it. Conrad certainly knew how to set a scene and build anticipation. I’ll re-read it, and take notes on symbolism / themes / characters as per Madeleine’s email suggestion.

I reviewed my Oral Presentation Skills Assessment, watched “An Inconvenient Truth”, amended & improved my work and emailed it off to Scott. I’ll need to look at his web page to see what the class did this week, but I think I should just do some more planning for a presentation: can I use the Barca presentation?

I borrowed Evan’s “Civilization” DVD and watched the first episode about the so-called Dark Ages. Interesting stuff; did you know the crucifixion wasn’t used as a symbol of Christianity until the 10th century? Well, would you join a club that had a painful death as its emblem?? Kenneth Clarke had an old-school presenting style, and I can see how today’s youth might be bored! I still haven’t got any further planning my project: I think I need a good book about Tommy Cochrane to get me going.

I thought I had something to read for French, “Mon frefe”? but I can’t seem to find it in the stuff I’ve got with me. Never mind, I should just review the Past compose and try and write out a few examples of the imperfect past.

I didn’t see Leticia before I was off ill again and I don’t even have her number in my old mobile! Hope she got her essays sorted.

OK, that should keep me in touch with college while I’m physically elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment