Monday 8 March 2010

8th March

Back in the college and I have my Spanish oral this afternoon at 2pm. I bumped into Jordi last Friday and he very kindly offered to give me a practice session. I went along after French and managed to switch languages OK. Obviously it was far more relaxing just chatting away to someone I know but Jordi said I did fine, and that was at 3.30 on a Friday at the end of a fairly hectic week. He did say I should make sure I took advantage of the opportunities to speak in the past or future when the examiner asks a suitable question. I have a tendency to switch to the present to make general observations so I should try and stick to specifics from my past. Unfortunately I celebrated my return to health by enjoying the weekend too much so I didn’t do any further practice, but I’ve got my “Lengua de las Mariposas” stuff to read and hopefully I’ll be able to find Leticia (is Sara still in Berlin?) and have a wee chat with her.


We had an assessment to do in French, so my quick revision of the imperfect enabled me to recognise it in action. I’ve got 2 pieces of written work to do and they should both include examples of the imperfect & the compose. That’s Tuesday afternoon’s work. Oh, new glasses to pick up on Tuesday as well. That was something else that needed to be done, and I finally got round to it!

Evan is on holiday but Aga sent me the stuff we’re supposed to investigate: The reformation .The Baroque period (around 1650-1750; music, art, architecture (Bernini , J.S. Bach )). The Industrial revolution in Britain - how did it start? (agricultural changes too). The Enlightenment (around 1750 - 1832). I didn’t go to the library to ask about Cochrane book: just printed a list of potential titles.

I visited Scott’s webpage and watched about 12 mins of the ‘brain’ presentation. I took some notes but failed to write them up. That can be a 2nd level Tuesday priority, or Wednesday lunch time 1st level!

I started marking key quotes in Heart of Darkness section 1, but didn’t complete this….lost weekend syndrome I’m afraid! The book would be good for reading/marking on the bus. Ah, I need a new highlighter pen; the old Tadel one is nearly out of ink. Found some info on ‘Angel Heart’, which should be good for talking about the personification of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment