Monday 29 March 2010

Monday 29th

Right, Easter is looming like a big loomy thing. I still have quite a personal few things to do before the trip to Spain on Thursday but I managed to get quite a lot cleared up last week so college shouldn’t be too much hassle.


Spanish – got feedback from Jordi on the 2 essays, put in the hours on updates & rewrites, and re-submitted them. Jordi seems happy with my “Lengua” effort so that should be that. Dieca cast an approving eye over my “memoria historica”, and will see what Jordi has to say. This week in class we’ve got a NAB and the Advanced Higher prelim so I’ll have stay focussed for them!

Lit – I’ve been happily re-reading and highlighting HOD, but Madeleine somewhat confused the issue by giving us “Love song of J. Alfred Prufrock”, which is some kind of TS Elliot masterpiece. It is a good poem, but very dark and with commentary and symbolism on a number of levels. I’ll be missing the class tomorrow (as I’m through in Glasgow) so I guess I’m taking HOD & Prufrock to the beach!!

French- my writing was fine, and I’ve not had any real problems with the listening practice. Once again I found the class a bit dull to be honest. Dieca suggested speaking to Deborah and asking if I can use the class time in the self-study centre. We’ll see what happens after Easter. We have a listening NAB on Wednesday so clean ears!

Communication – 2 presentations given & passed. Thursdays are my day off! Yipee!!

History – Interesting stuff on German unification and the build up to WW1. I downloaded some info on the Treaty of Versailles, so I can get an overview on that.

This week I’ve got the IELTS class starting, a trip to Glasgow and I’m away to Mallorca on Thursday…so I’m not going to do much college stuff outside Stevenson. Perhaps the most important thing is to decide which books to take to sunny Spain...HOD stuff obviously, and maybe one of the History books.

Hasta la proxima…..

No comments:

Post a Comment