Monday 15 March 2010

Monday 15th...the ides are here

Yo! I have now received conditional offers from all 4 unis! Aberdeen & Stirling sent the letters last week, so now I’ve got to think about visiting & making the final decision. I’ve booked on the Glasgow Open day for Tues 30th March, and Stirling has a couple of options in the Easter break but I’ve missed Aberdeen and Edinburgh doesn’t bother with such nonsense! I’d like to get in touch with Edinburgh anyway. We’ll see! And I need to suss the SAAS site, and start looking for finance.

Godhonkit! I’ve forgotten my USB stick, which has my Lengua de las Mariposas essay on, so I’ll have to nip back at lunchtime. I got a lot of background info for the Memoria Historica essay, so I think now I just need a good question. “Can the renaming of streets help eliminate the pain of the past?”

I’ve read all of Heart of Darkness, and it is pretty damn dark! I’ve been highlighting key quotes and that, so that’s an ongoing task. Tonight I’ll fill in Madeleine’s quote sheet and all will be good.

We’ve got a French speaking NAB this Friday, so I need to practise my L’ane derniere story. I wonder if I can persuade Marta to listen to me. Deborah didn’t seem to think I’d have any problems. The class last Friday was not very inspiring. Angela & I did the speaking exercise without problem, but then just chatted in Spanish. I should have given her my holiday spiel.

I’m very clear about what I need to do for Communications: 2 essays, 2 presentations and a group talk. Hopefully, we can plan the talk a bit today, and give it on Thursday. My afternoon / evening work should focus on the essays & presentations this week.

And there will be more free time, as the TLI classes have stopped for a while. I will get back into the habit of doing evening work on Mons & Weds as I’ve been enjoying the weekends too much!

I finally got 2 Thomas Cochrane books, and I flipped the Chile chapters of 1…Looks like I’ll have to expand the question to include the liberation of Peru. I’ll flip the other book this week, and then start taking notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment