Monday 10 May 2010

10th of May

I’m sat at home with my ankle in an elevated state today...it’s my own silly fault for running through the pain, and it’s definitely taken its toll over the last week! Once again I realise how reliant on good health, both physical and mental, I am. It’s been difficult to really get into work of late due to aches and pains. Still, at least I’ve taken some positive steps to move on from past mistakes.


We’ve been doing a lot of exam practice in Spanish, and Jordi has been giving out writing assignments which, I hope, has got me back into the groove! I really should get a better dictionary...Marta seemed to have a good one.

I’ve been making slow but steady progress on the Literature work...I really enjoyed reading “Enduring Love” again, and I’m happy to summarise the plot, but I’m not certain about analyzing the ‘writer’s craft’. I have a check up meeting with Madeleine tomorrow. The comparison essay is also unclear...I could write loads, but it’s only supposed to be 1,500 words. I need to seek advice, and one should never be ashamed to admit that!

Wrote and handed in what I think is a damn fine history essay on the Treaty of Versailles. However, Evan has dished out the Hitler one, and wants it in for this Friday!!!! Now, I didn’t like that so I took positive proactive action and wrote 1,900 words of it over the w/e. That required me to speed up the whole investigate, write, consider, re-write and so on process. A pity as I feel that I build up a clearer picture and hence a better essay by doing some work then looking at it again after some time away. Fresh perspectives and all that jazz! But the Hitler one looks OK, so I’ve proved I can bang out an essay over 36 hrs or so. Oh, and we’ve got to do another bloody in-class assessment so that’ll have my hands aching!

It would have been useful to have been given a handout with brief details of ALL the essays, assignments, assessments, projects to be passed AT THE BEGGINNING of the course. Ah well, what goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment