Monday 16 November 2009

Monday 16th

Well, the private classes went OK last week so I’m not going to starve to death…yet. We’ve just had Dieca telling us a bit more about the UCAS application process so I’ve got to write a personal statement for that….pressure!

We watched a fascinating yet tragic documentary about the Guerre Civil. We then started reading “La Lengua de las Mariposas” in class. This was difficult…I felt we worried about individual vocab items and didn’t concentrate on the more general aspects – the story, the characters. It was also complicated by the fact that the author seemed to jump about in time on the 1st page…the main character was in school then worrying about starting school. Also the PRETÉRITO IMPERFECTO is the same in 1st & 3rd person, which made it tricky to know who the subject was!

However, I did get a basic feel for the 2 principal characters…and on Saturday morning I managed to read the whole story! Of course, I didn’t understand every word but I followed the tale which is the most important thing!

Other than that, nothing much of note!

No comments:

Post a Comment