Monday 23 November 2009

Monday 23 November

Wow, how time flies! One month till Xmas holidays begin, and work seems to be piling up!

I managed to write down some sentences for my UCAS personal statement, but it’s going to need a lot of tidying up, sorting out and clarity of vision!

I did spend a lot of time on my Investigating Europe project last week, and, just as Joe predicted, I’m going to go over the word limit. The problem is that when I started writing about last season’s Barca games, it gave me such good memories that I wanted to write more and more!! I’ll speak to Joe this week and ask if he wants a condensed version!

Evan’s history class was very useful, and he confirmed that I was on the right lines for my “Women’s vote” essay, which can also be used in Communications. I actually started working on it on Saturday morning…a glorious sunny morning… I was sitting by the living room window with classical music playing….but then Suzanne & NJ came in, so we had to switch to crap TV!!! And that was the end of my creative period. I don’t like working in my room during the day!

Cedric gave us a wee test in French class. I had no problems with the reading and listening sections…..you get to write your answers in English. The writing section was more difficult….I’ll have to study my mistakes and rewrite my utterings! I feel fairly confident about the spoken section.

I know I made a stupid mistake in the Maths assessment….25+9= 36!!!! Why? Because I was jumping ahead and thinking about square roots. Lesson – one step at a time!

Targets for this week –
(1) Arrange interviews for Investigate Europe.
(2) Complete I.E. Season review, having spoken to Joe.
(3) Complete History essay.
(4) Rewrite French essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment